Message Series: Elijah (Part 1)
Tonight, we began a three week conversation about an Old Testament Prophet named Elijah. We will be taking a look at three of his experiences in 1 Kings 18-20.
- Week 1: Elijah vs. the prophets of Baal at Mt. Caramel
- Week 2: Elijah and the Still Small Voice of God
- Week 3: Elijah and the Widow of Zeraphath
Week one starts us off with the ultimate Battle of 1 vs. the hundreds. Elijah shows amazing perseverance and stands up for his faith despite what the country, ruler and crowds of people were saying. He had the ultimate Authentic Faith and in this battle with the prophets, it shows. Oh, and Elijah was a bit cocky about it to. He has such confidence in his faith that he was sure without a shred of doubt that God would show up… how cool is that. Take a minute and read the story: 1 Kings 18:20-40.
Some questions for family discussion:
- What seemed so improbable about Elijah’s interaction with the prophets of Baal (pronounced bah’·al).
- Do you ever feel like you cannot talk about your faith at home, work or school? Why?
- What are the things that keep you from being able to talk about your faith?
- How can we as a family support each other to further our ability to share openly about our faith to our friends, neighbors, co-workers, etc.?
We pray that great conversations will be sparked between you and your kids. We are praying for your families and we appreciate any prayer for our church family, especially within the youth ministry. We heavily depend on it. So, thanks and see you soon!Filed Under: Just For Parents, Youth, Youth Message Series