Message Series: Command – Love Others
The Command Series
- Week 1: Myth- Rules Based Faith
- Week 2: The New Command
- Week 3: Love God
- Week 4: Love Others
Tonight, we concluded our four week conversation on Command. Two weeks ago (before the snow spoiled our plans!), we looked closely at the first three Commandments, and the concept of “Love God”. Each of these Commandments exemplifies how we need to love and honor God, and we dug deep and related them to our everyday lives. This week, we examined the last 6 commandments (if you are keeping count, we skipped #4 the Sabbath since we spent an extensive amount of time talking about it in December). We looked at the connection these 6 commandments have to Jesus’ command to Love Others and what it means for us right now… in today’s world. Bottom line, the world doesn’t revolve around us (and all the parent’s out there give a resounding shout in agreement!). There is a reason for that, and that is partly why we are called to Love Others.
Some questions for family discussion:
- How does Loving Others even relate to Loving God?
- In what ways do we sometimes try to sidestep our responsibility to obey God by loving others?
- What does it mean to “love your neighbor as yourself” as an individual and as part of this family?
- What is one practical step you can take to “love others this week?
- As a family, how can we keep our focus on what really matters?
REMEMBER… when you think about being a Christian, know that it isn’t about following a whole list of rules. It is about Love. Loving God. And Loving Others.
We pray that great conversations will be sparked between you and your students. We are praying for you and your family. See you next week!Filed Under: High School, iGroups, Just For Parents, Middle School, Sunday Night Live, Youth, Youth Message Series