Message Series: Strength & Weakness “No Shame In Suffering”
Strength & Weakness Series
- Week 1: At Our Weakest
- Week 2: No Shame In Suffering
- Week 3: Faith & Endurance
Last week, we talked about hitting rock bottom and needing to find strength outside of ourselves. The big take away for the night was, through Christ we find our strength. This week we talked about suffering for Christ. As Christians we receive a lot of criticism outside of church walls, and it can be hard to stand up for what we believe in. It is never easy to stand up to the crowd.
Some questions for family discussion:
- How can participating in Christ’s suffering prepare us for His Second Coming?When have you been insulted because of the name of Christ?
- How is suffering as a wrongdoer (such as for murder) significantly different from suffering as a Christian?
- When have you ever been ashamed of being a Christian? Why?
- In what difficult circumstance do you need to praise God this week?
- What steps do you need to take so that your suffering is not the result of your own wrongdoing?
We pray that great conversations will be sparked between you and your students. We are praying for you and your family. See you next week!Filed Under: High School, iGroups, Just For Parents, Middle School, Sunday Night Live, Youth, Youth Message Series