Message Series: Jonah – God Says “Yes”
- Week 1: God Says “Go”
- Week 2: God Says “Yes”
- Week 3: God Says “No”
Last week, Josh talked about how “Serving God means we trust God and we act on that trust… today. He’s got tomorrow covered.” Tonight, we continued our series on Jonah. Our big focus… God can do UNIMAGINABLE things when we are faithful to Him. When we choose to say “Yes” to what God has planned for us, some crazy cool things unfold. When Jonah finally delivered a message to the city of Ninevah, the people repented and changed! Verse 10 says “God saw that they had put a stop to their evil ways, [God] had mercy on them and didn’t carry out the destruction He had threatened.” We are so fortunate to serve a God that gives mercy and grace!
Some questions for family discussion:
- When have you been rescued from a difficult situation?
- How did God finally deliver Jonah? (2:10)
- What did God command Jonah to do? (3:1-2)
- How do you feel when you know that you are being obedient to the Lord’s call?
- In your view, which culture, nation, or special interest group is undeserving of God’s mercy? Does God agree? Why or why not?
- How can you express thanks to the Lord this week for all the love and mercy He has given to you and others?
- How do you think God will use you to do unimaginable things? What is He asking you to say “Yes” to so that He can?
God does unimagine things when we are faithful to Him! He uses us to impact those around us. He used Jonah to impact an entire city. A city filled with people that He loathed and believed didn’t deserve mercy. But God had other plans.
We pray that great conversations will be sparked between you and your students. We are praying for you and your family. See you next week!Filed Under: High School, iGroups, Just For Parents, Middle School, Sunday Night Live, Youth, Youth Message Series