Message Series: Jonah – God Says “Go”
- Week 1: God Says “Go”
- Week 2: God Says “Yes”
- Week 3: God Says “No”
Tonight, we started our new series on Jonah as we follow his journey of disobeying and obeying God. For this week we will focus on God commanding Jonah to go to Nineveh, and how he refused and chose a different path to walk. In life, we know the right and wrong path, but yet we stray from what we know is right.
Some questions for family discussion:
- What is your idea of the perfect “get away from all your troubles” location?
- How did Jonah respond to God? (1:3)
- Why did Jonah tell the sailors to throw him into the sea? (1:12)
- When has God called you to serve Him in ways that were unattractive or unpleasant to you? (think to those “Holy Nudge” moments)
- What opportunities do you have to tell others about faith in Christ?
- What can you do to respond with obedience to God the next time you must do something good but unpleasant?
Obedience towards God can be one of the most challenging aspects of our faith because we are naturally not very trusting. We are especially doubtful to something we cannot see or have audible conversations with.
We pray that great conversations will be sparked between you and your kids. We are praying for you and your family. See you next week!Filed Under: High School, iGroups, Just For Parents, Middle School, Sunday Night Live, Youth, Youth Message Series