Life, It’s more than a game – August 23
The Family Album
In Sunday’s message we were looking at how to create an environment within our families (nuclear, extended and created) that would allow everyone within that family to flourish. Marilyn and I identified 5 core principals for a healthy family. Here’s a recap….
- Honor – to hold each other in the highest regard
- Communication – the art of interacting (speaking and listening) well.
- Conflict – creates opportunities for relationships to mature
- Faith – putting our relationship with God central to what we do and who we are
- Celebrations – throwing a party just because….
The scriptures we highlighted were:
As you think about these five which one(s) is the most challenging for you as a member of a family? And what are some ways you can work to get better in this regard?
Is there one of these five that you see as a strength? How does it work within in your family?
A “created family” are those people in your life who are in the words of Proverbs 18:24 “a friend who is closer than a brother (sister)”. Do you have someone(s) like that in your life? How did that person become so significant?
Filed Under: Online Studies, Proverbs, Small Groups