Message Series: Chasing “Chasing Money”
- Chasing Happiness
- Chasing Money
- Chasing Popularity
Last week we started our series titled “Chasing” and we focused on chasing happiness. Specifically how happiness is a temporary feeling, and joy is a lasting attitude. This week we are talking about Chasing Money, and the way society has skewed our perception of money. We have been convinced that having money is the key to true happiness, and that the more you have the happier you will become.
Some questions for family discussion:
- What are 3 things you want to buy right now?
- What is the weirdest job you’ve ever had, or the weirdest thing you’ve ever done for money, including dares?
- Why do you think people desire money so much that they will do almost anything for it?
- Can you name 3 things in life that you’re chasing harder than money? If not, why?
- What was the attitude of the wealthy man as he came to Jesus? (10:17)
- What did the man want Jesus to explain to him? (10:17)
- How did Jesus explain the way to inherit eternal life? (10:19-21)
- How did the rich man respond to Jesus? (10:20)
- Why do you think Jesus demanded such a tall order from this man?
- Do you think you would be able to give up everything you had or would you be more likely to follow the example of the rich man? Explain why.
We pray that great conversations will be sparked between you and your students. We are praying for you and your family. See you next week!
Filed Under: Just For Parents, Sunday Night Live, Youth, Youth Message Series