Message Series: Elf Christmas “Myths of Christmas”
Elf Christmas Series:
- The Myths of Christmas
- The Joys of Christmas
- The Anticipation of Christmas
This week, we are starting our last series of the Fall season! Specifically, we will be focusing on the myths of Christmas that we have been taught in Sunday School or seen in plays and movies. The two Gospels in the Bible that talk of Jesus birth are Matthew and Luke, and both Gospels touch on different aspects of the birth. What have been taught is real that isn’t in the bible? What’s factual? The details and the traditions and the backstory on all of this stuff doesn’t change the one thing that is absolutely real about the birth of Jesus: God himself stepped out of heaven, to become a baby, to be born on this world, so that you and I could have eternal life and be connected with him forever.
Some questions for family discussion:
- What do you know about the story of Jesus’s birth?
- If you had been with the shepherds on the night Christ was born, what would you have done after the angels left?
- In what ways did the shepherds obey God that night?
- Of what significance is it that the shepherds went back to their flocks?
- What are some various “presents” we might give to Christ?
We pray that great conversations will be sparked between you and your students. We are praying for you and your family. See you next week!Filed Under: Just For Parents, Sunday Night Live, Youth, Youth Message Series