Message Series: Elf Christmas “The Anticipation of Christmas”
Elf Christmas Series:
- Myths of Christmas
- The Joy of Christmas
- The Anticipation of Christmas
In the beginning, God created Adam and Eve. Perfect. Everything was perfect and the relationship between people and God was perfect. See God could be in a perfect relationship with people because there was no sin. It says in Genesis that God walked with Adam in the garden, I mean how cool is that! Then, as you know, Adam and Eve sinned. They ate of the fruit which God told them not to. The only rule and they broke it. Once sin entered the world, people are now flawed and doomed to death and separation from God. Pretty steep punishment, but a perfect God could not be in the presence of sin. So from this moment on, people were in needed to be saved from their sins. There’s a word that is important to know here. That word is Redemption. If you look it up in the dictionary it states that this word simply means to “bring back” or to “pay off.” You see people needed to be brought back to this point of being in relationship with God. They needed their debt of sin to be paid.
Some questions for family discussion:
- Why do you think we give gifts in the first place?
- What’s the best gift you’ve ever given? Why?
- What’s the best gift you have ever received? Why? (this can include birthdays)
- What is the best gift God has given you?
- If you were going to give a meaningful gift this season, who would you give it to, and what would it be?
- If someone were to observe you celebrating Christmas, what would they see?
- Would those things show them that the birth of Jesus is important to you?
We pray that great conversations will be sparked between you and your students. We are praying for you and your family. See you next week!
Filed Under: Just For Parents, Sunday Night Live, Youth, Youth Message Series