Message Series: Elf Christmas “The Joy of Christmas”
Elf Christmas Series:
- Myths of Christmas
- The Joy of Christmas
- The Anticipation of Christmas
All in all, there are some great things about Christmas. There are definitely reasons to be excited, to be filled with joy this season. But still, there are still people who totally get bummed out around Christmas. Maybe it’s the consumerism that gets them, or the expectations of presents, or even family gatherings that people loath. Whatever the case is, it seems like some people just miss the whole point. Tonight as we look at the Scripture, we are going to take a look at two different people. There is those who “get it.” The people who understand what Christmas is all about. And then there’s those who just completely “miss it.”
Some questions for family discussion:
- What impact do you think that all the “merchandizing, stress, commercialization, etc. has had on Christmas?
- What if our church decided to “Skip Christmas?” What impact would that have on people or on you?
- What’s the one thing you wish you could change about Christmas?
- Do you think there are any negative “human traditions” that have developed in our culture during the Christmas season?
- Do you think it’s even possible to resist being taken captive by these bad philosophies and traditions during Christmas? If so, how?
- When I say, “Keep Christmas real,” what do you think about?
We pray that great conversations will be sparked between you and your students. We are praying for you and your family. See you next week!Filed Under: Just For Parents, Sunday Night Live, Youth, Youth Message Series