Message Series: Evil & Suffering “Act(s) of Worship”
Evil & Suffering Series
Act(s) of Worship
“Every day things happen that we can not control, but we must deal with the results. Friends or family going to war, terrorist attacks, car accidents and many more things can happen before we even know it. It’s our reaction to those difficult times that strengthens not only our relationship with God, but who we are as well. While it may not seem easy, worshipping God through our difficult times is an effective way to process and come to an understanding about the out-of-our-control world around us.” – Jamie Locklin
- If you could live in any time period you wanted to, when would it be, and why?
- Without telling us the person’s name, can you tell us about someone that you’ve heard/observed recently, who said they’d do one thing, but then they did something else?
- How does it make you feel when someone does this? Why?
- Why do you think that it is important for your actions to match your words?
- In this verse Paul and his friend Silas were attacked while attempting to do ministry. They were beaten and thrown into the deepest depths of the local jail. Paul and Silas had no control over this situation, what was their reaction?
- Why would someone in Paul’s situation be “praying and singing hymns to God”?