Message Series: James 1: Part 2
This series we are spending three weeks on James 1:19-27. We’ll be talking more about what it means to live out our faith actively every day.
Here are some of questions related to this week’s theme:
– How was your week? What’s new?
– Have you ever told someone you were going to do something and then not do it? What was it? How did you feel later? Has someone ever done this to you?
– What do you think says more about a person – what they say or what they do?
– What did you think of the message tonight? What stood out to you? Why or why not?
– In James 1:22, how do we “deceive ourselves” by just listening to God’s Word?
– What is that mirror thing all about (in James 1:23–24)?
– Do you think it’s really “worthless” to hear God’s Word without doing it? Why or why not? In verse 25, what does James call God’s law?
– In what way is the law “a law of freedom”? Wouldn’t you think it does the opposite?
– What is one way you can take what we are learning in James and act on it in your own life?
– Remember to check out upcoming events!
Filed Under: Just For Parents
, Youth Message Series