Message Series: Mentoring
For this one week series, we will be talking about the value of having a mentor in collaboration with the introduction of a new mentoring program available to students at HOPE.
Interested in having a mentor? Click HERE!!!
Here are some of questions related to this week’s theme:
– How was your week? What’s new?
– Is there anything difficult you feel like you deal with regularly? What?
– Are there any “weights” you feel like you carry around all the time? What are they? Why?
– Who do you look up to the most? Why?
– When it comes to faith, who do you look to for an example? Why?
– How would you define the word “mentor?” Have you ever been mentored by anyone?
– Look up the following scriptures: Hebrews 13:7-8; Proverbs 27:17; Philippians 4:8-9; 1 Thessalonians 2:8,11; Proverbs 11:14
– What do each of these tell us about the idea of mentoring?
– Read Exodus 18
– Who are the characters in this passage?
– When Moses met with Jethro, what did they talk about?
– How did Jethro respond to what Moses told him?
– What did Jethro say to Moses when he saw how hard Moses was working? Why?
– What advice does Jethro give Moses throughout this passage?
– How does his advice benefit Moses and the people of Israel?
– In what ways does Jethro mentor Moses?
– What would it look like if you had a mentor in your life? Why could it be beneficial to you?
– Pray. Pray about the possibility of having a mentor in your life or give thanks for your current mentor. Pray for HOPE NEXT!
– Remember to check out upcoming events!
Filed Under: Just For Parents
, Youth Message Series