Message Series: Rice Bowl Challenge: Week 1
For this two week series, we will be partaking in a Rice Bowl challenge with the entire HOPE community.
Want to know more about the Rice Bowl Challenge?
Here are some of questions related to this week’s theme:
– How was your week? What’s new?
– How do you feel about rice? Do you like it?
– What does it feel like when you are hungry? What do you do about it?
– How much do you spend on a meal when you go to Wawa, Chic Fil A, Panera, etc? Do you know how much your family spends on groceries each week?
– Now imagine you are part of a large portion of the world who only lives on $2 a day. $2 a day for your whole family. That’s $14 a week. What are your thoughts around that? It’s tough to process huh?
– What did you think of the message tonight? What stood out to you? Why or why not?
– Who are the people in this story?
– What is happening in this story?
– What tone of voice do you hear in verse 12? How about in verse 13?
– What thoughts must the disciples have as they collect the leftovers?
– What does Jesus teach the disciples about faith in this passage?
– Based on this story from the gospel of Luke, what is Jesus’ plan for those without the necessities of life, like food?
– How can you participate in the Rice Bowl challenge?
– Remember to check out upcoming events!
Filed Under: Just For Parents
, Youth Message Series