Message Series: Stress “Anxious Heart”
Trusting God’s Promises
“There are a lot of things in your day-to-day life that are stressful. Being a teenager is stressful – you’ve got school and friends and family and hobbies and homework…it’s a lot to handle! It’s not that those things are bad things. You have to go to school, right? It’s not a bad thing; it’s where you learn! Friendships aren’t a bad thing, and neither are hobbies or sports. Just because they aren’t bad, though, doesn’t mean that they won’t cause life to be a little bit stressful. Sometimes, the stress of life can be overwhelming. When that happens, it can lead to having an anxious heart.” – Chelsea Jacobs
- Tell me one bad thing that happened to you this week.
- Tell me five things in your life right now that you’re thankful for.
- What does it take for you to think positive thoughts?
- What are some things in your life that are stressful?
- Do those things cause you to be anxious?
- Do you think it is possible to deal with the stress of everyday life without being anxious?
- How do you usually deal with stress? Is it helpful? Why or why not?
- Do you think that focusing on praying and being thankful will actually help you to not be anxious? Why or why not?
- Would you say that the things you are dealing with in your life right now are a heavy burden?
- What did Paul say about anxiety? (4:6-7)
- What were the Philippians to do instead of worrying? (4:6-7)
- How can a believer enjoy the peace of God? (4:6-7)
- What can you do this week to reduce your level of anxiety?