Message Series: Stress “Confidence”
Trusting God’s Promises
“When there is stress in your life, you can react one of two ways. You can react with fear or you can react with confidence.” Chelsea Jacobs
Read Matthew 6:25-34
- What are the things that the people in Jesus’ day worried about? (Leaders – Many of them didn’t know if they would even have food or clothes. They also worried about foreign invasion. They were worried about corrupt leaders. Further, they struggled with diseases we’ve long since cured. In other words, they worried about very different things than you and I.)
- Are there some of the parallels between “Don’t You Worry Child” and Jesus’ teachings? If so, what are they?
- Why does Jesus use the example of birds and flowers to teach people about worry?
- Why does Jesus define a person who worries as someone with ‘weak faith’?
- Based on this passage, does it sound like ‘heaven has a plan’ for us? Why or why not?
- How does worry take our eyes off what is important in life?
- Can God be trusted with our physical, emotional, financial, and spiritual needs? Why or why not?
- What does Jesus mean when He says “tomorrow will worry about itself”?
- Have you ever taken a worry/stress to Jesus in prayer? If so, how did it turn out?
- What do you need to trust Him with right now?
Filed Under: Just For Parents, Youth, Youth Message Series