Message Series: Stress “Trusting God’s Promises”
Trusting God’s Promises
“The things that we’re stressed about in life are all over the place, and often we have no idea about how to handle them. But when we cast those things on the Lord, we don’t feel so all over the place anymore. Instead, we know that all of those things are exactly where they should be: in God’s hands.” (Chelsea Jacobs)
- Anything exciting happen this week or coming up this month?
- Did you take on the prayer challenge this week? (Praying once a day everyday for a week and starting each prayer with 3 things you are thankful for in life.) If so, was it difficult? Why or why not. If you did not do it, why not?
- Do you talk to God about the things in life you’re stressed about? If so, does it help?
- Do you really believe that God can work in everything for your good?
- How would your life be different if you handed your stress over to God and trusted that He will sustain you?
- How would a normal day in your life be different if you looked at everything that happened as if God were working for your good?
- Why do you think it’s hard to trust God with the things that cause us stress?
- What did Jesus leave with His disciples? (14:27)
- Why were the disciples to be glad that Jesus was leaving them? (14:28)
- How does God work in all the situations and events of a person’s life? (8:28)
- For whom does God promise to work all things for good? (8:28)
Filed Under: Just For Parents, Youth, Youth Message Series