Message Series: Tribe of the One – Build a Bigger Table
To kick off our SNL series this fall, we will be starting with a three week series called: Tribe of the One.
Here are some questions to think about from this week’s theme, “Build a Bigger Table”
- How was your week? Anything new?
- Where do you sit at lunch time? Who do you sit with? Why?
- What does it feel like to be excluded from something?
- What does it feel like to be included?
- Who is your current group of friends?
- What type of people do you often drift towards? What about away from? Why?
- What are some of the unwritten rules you might have for others?
- When was a time you felt that there wasn’t room for you?
- Have you ever not made room for someone else? Why?
- Read Luke 14:15-24.
- Have you ever made an excuse not to go somewhere with someone?
- What happens? What is the master’s solution to his problem?
- How does it feel when you make plans and your friends cancel?
- What would it look like to instead invite other people, even those very different from you?
- What does this story say about God’s love for us?
- Read Matthew 28:19-20 and 1 John 3:17-18.
- How are they related?
- We build a bigger table not by staying where we are, but by going out towards others. How can you build a bigger table?
- Who can you help include this week? How? Why?
- Who could you invite to SNL next week? Hold each other accountable!
- Pray out!
- Remember to find out about upcoming events you want to be a part of! Check our social media or HYM calendar!