Message Series: Tribe of the One
To kick off our SNL series this fall, we will be starting with a three week series called: Tribe of the One.
Here are some questions to think about from this week’s theme, “A Place for You”
- How was your week? Anything new?
- What are some groups you belong to? (sports, bands, clubs, friends)
- How did you become a part of each group?
- Where do you feel that you belong the most? Why?
- What steps usually need to happen to become part of a group? Why?
- What do you expect from this group when you come to SNL? What do you expect from the church when you come to church?
- Are there any groups you wished you belonged to? What prevents you from belonging to it?
- Have you ever felt left out of group?
- Talk about how with Jesus we always belong – and why our goal at HYM is to help everyone feel welcome, at home , and know there is a place for them.
- Scripture to look at: Mark 2:13-17 and 1 John 4:4
- Mark 2:13-17
- What is a Pharisee? (if your students don’t know this term, look it up!)
- Why do you think they were mad at who Jesus was hanging out with?
- 1 John 4:4
- What is true about the groups we belong to in the world that is different from God? (idea that these groups may fail us but we will always belong to God)
- What does this verse say about belonging?
- How does it make you feel knowing you (and all of us) belong to God?
- Mark 2:13-17
- Who has made you feel like you belong? Thank them this week?
- Who can you help include this week? How? Why?
- Pray out!
- Remember to find out about upcoming events you want to be a part of! Check our social media or HYM calendar!