Message Series: When God Is Silent “When God Says What We Don’t Want To Hear”
When God Is Silent Series:
The Dark Night
Where Did I Go?
When God Says What We Don’t Want To Hear.
- Have your parents ever told you that you couldn’t do something that you wanted to do? What was it?
- Have your parents ever told you to do something that you didn’t want to do? What was it?
- What specific commands did God give the exiles regarding how they should settle down? (29:4-6)
- How did God want the Israelites to think about and react to the foreign country in which they lived? (29:7)
- By whom were the exiles in danger of being deceived? (29:8-9)
- After what period of time did God promise to bring the people back to the land? (29:10)
- What was the nature of God’s plans for Israel? (29:11)
- Why was it important for the exiles to know that God planned to prosper them and not to harm them?
- What emotional reaction would most people have if asked to pray for the prosperity of their captors?
- How do you think God would have us pray for our country?
- Why does God want us to seek Him with our whole heart?
- What does it mean to you to seek God with your whole heart?
- What could God be saying to you that don’t want to hear? (a need to forgive someone, a sin that you need to let go of, a hurt that is crippling you, etc.)
Filed Under: Just For Parents, Youth, Youth Message Series