Message Series: When God Is Silent “Where Did I Go?”
When God Is Silent Series:
The Dark Night
Where Do I Go?
When God Says What We Don’t Want To Hear.
“WHERE DID I GO?
God asks a question of us – Where did you go? It’s the first question God asks Adam and Eve when they were hiding in the garden after their sin. It’s question that God continually asks of his people throughout scripture. You cry out to God with your arms full of rocks and he says, let them save you. Then it hits you drop all the rocks on the floor and pause for a moment in silence. Where did I go? Sin Leads us down an unintended path. But each person is tempted when he is lured and enticed by his own desire. Then desire when it has conceived gives birth to sin, and sin when it is fully grown brings forth death” (James 1:14-15).
- What did you think of the video clip played at the end of the message?
- What are some distractions in your life?
- Is there anything that happened this week or that is coming up that is stressing you out?
- Are you happy with your direction in life? If so, why? If not, Why not?
- Are you heading toward God or away from him? Explain.
- If you keep going on the path you are on where will you be in a year? in five years? in twenty years?
- What is driving you?
- Is there anything in your life you need to let go of in order to take next steps in your faith?
- What do you think of this quote? “There is a God-shaped vacuum in the heart of every person, and it can never be filled by any created thing. It can only be filled by God, made known through Jesus Christ.” – Blaise Pascal, French Philosopher (1623-1662)
Filed Under: Just For Parents, Youth, Youth Message Series