Get to know Mrs. Elaine Oleson
Get to know Mrs. Meghan Folcher
I would like to introduce myself. My name is Elaine Oleson and I will be your child’s teacher this year. I am a mom of 2 little ones, my youngest will be attending Tomorrow’s Hope. Our family has attended Hope Church for about 11 years now. This will be my second-year teaching at Tomorrow’s Hope, but I’ve been working with this age group for the past 10 years and absolutely love it! Kids this age are adorable, funny, and so excited to learn and have fun. Most of the learning in our class will be through play centers. A child’s job is to play, and my job is to teach. By combining these concepts, the kids learn so much without even realizing it.
Nikki Horan will be the assistant in our class. She lives in Stratford along with her husband and 9-year-old son. Nikki may be a familiar face to some of you. She has been attending HOPE since 2015 and volunteers regularly in the nursery. She enjoys gardening, art, and being a mom.
Nikki and I have been praying for each of you all summer. We are excited to get to know you. I just wanted to touch base with you all before school begins to go over a few classroom procedures.
- We are in room 105.
- Orientation is Friday, September 8 from 9:30 – 10:30 am. Please bring in all paperwork. You will drop your child off in our class and head to a meeting with Amanda Cavaliere in the Worship Space.
- I will send home a monthly calendar and newsletter with all of our upcoming events in your child’s cubby bin.
- The class leader will be listed on our calendar for each day (you may be the class leader more than once each month so be sure to check the calendar carefully). The class leader will be our Line Leader, Calendar Helper, Morning Meeting presenter and snack helper for that day.
- Snacks: Please send in a PEANUT FREE snack each day your child is the class leader. Some ideas include: individual fruit cups, goldfish, pretzels, fresh fruits/veggies, muffins, yogurt tubes, cereal bars, cheese sticks or low sugar cereal (such as Cheerios or Chex). Please bring enough for 11 students and include any utensils needed for eating your snack.
- Birthdays: We love celebrating birthdays with our students! Feel free to bring in a special treat (PEANUT FREE) on your child’s birthday or nearest school day. If you have a summer birthday, we can choose a day that works for you at the end of the school year. Parents are welcome to join us for the snack. We ask that you do not plan to stay for the whole day as it can be distracting to our daily routine.
- Clothing: Please send your child to school in clothing that is seasonably appropriate, as we will be going outside every day that we are able to. Be sure it is comfortable for them to be playing in all day and that they have closed toe shoes on. In addition, please send in a labeled Ziploc bag with a complete change of clothes, including socks and underwear.
- Arrival: School begins at 9:00. Please do your best to have your child here on time. Arriving late will cause your child to miss valuable learning and play time and could affect their transition into class.
- End of the day: School is over at 12:00. (1:00 if you are participating in Lunch Buddies). Please be prompt, and contact us if you are going to be late so we are able to reassure your child that you are on your way.
- The first day of school is Monday, September 11. Children are invited to bring their favorite stuffed friends to school. I’ll be bringing my Honey Bear!
We are also requesting that each family bring in the following items:
Box of tissues
Pack of baby wipes
5-7 oz cups
Pack of napkins
Enjoy the last few days of summer! Splash in the pool, run through the sprinkler, catch a bug or two, and soak in the sunshine! You’re about to become a SUNBEAM!
Light is sweet, and it pleases the eyes to see sun. – Ecclesiastes 11:7