Where Did the Summer Go?
We find ourselves asking this question each year right about now. And, while there’s still some time left to enjoy the end of summer, we know there are many of you out there who like to get a jump start on organizing your fall calendar. So to that end, here are just some of what’s happening at HOPE Church beginning this September.
• Sunday, September 8 – Kidz Konnect will return to two worship services for children ages 3 to 5th grade at 9 and 10:30am.
• Monday, September 9 – Tomorrows HOPE Preschool starts back.Go to TomorrowsHopePreschool.org for details.
• Wednesday, September 18 – Kids of HOPE Choir resumes its weekly practice in Room 11 from 6:30 to 7:30pm. This choir is for children from kindergarten through 5th grade. Participants will perform in their very own annual Christmas production.
• Sunday, September 8 – 6th Grade Welcome All incoming 6th graders are invited to bring their friends to HOPE and get to know what’s happening with the Youth Ministry. They will meet in HOPE’s activity space from 6 to 8pm. Refreshments included.
• Sunday, September 15 – Sunday Night Live (SNL) and iGroups will resume meeting each week from 6 to 8pm. All middle school and high school guys and girls are invited to come hang out. As always, friends are welcome!
• Wednesday, September 18 – Parents and kids are invited to the first week to help launch this year’s Confirmation Class held weekly in Room 100 from 7:30 to 8:30pm. All students in 7th and 8th grades who have not yet been confirmed are welcome. This year’s Confirmation will take place Sunday, January 5, 2014.
• Tuesday, September 17 – M.O.P.S. (Mothers of Preschoolers begin their fall semester. The group meets the 1st and 3rd Tuesday from 9:30 to 11:30am. Go to MomsHope.com for more details.
• Wednesday, September 18 – Wednesday Morning Women’s Bible Study will take on a new series based on the book Gospel Revolution. The women meet from 9:30 to 11:30am.
• Tuesday, September 10 – Men’s BBQ, HOPE’s activity space, 6pm
• Each Tuesday evening at 7pm, men of any age are welcome to come out to HOPE Church and be a part of this dynamic group of guys who are always busy sharing their servants’ hearts with others.
• Sunday, September 8 – The Book of Daniel will be the topic of this adult small group which will meet at 9am in Room 10. It is led by Harry Gutelius.
• Sunday, September 15 – HOPE Singles Bible Study will resume meeting the third Sunday of each month in the home of Nona Ostrove. Led by Randy Petersen, this group is for adults and it meets at 6:30pm
• Wednesday, September 18 – Parenting Classes – All parents are welcome to Room 100 from 6:30 to 7pm for a DVD-driven series counseling parents to better help prepare their children for the future.
• September 18 – Voices of HOPE resumes its weekly practice in Room 11 at 7:45pm. This choir is open to high-school students from 10th to 12th grade and adults. Participants will perform in the annual Christmas production on Sunday, December 8.
• Sunday, September 29 – H7, HOPE’s membership class will begin their next round of classes at 9am in the chapel. Session 1, HOPE’s Story: Vision, Values and Virtues will be led by Pastor Jeff Bills and Scott Crews.