Student Leadership Program
Empowering students to use their gifts to serve within God’s Ministry.
Hope’s Youth Ministry has a student leadership program for committed students in 7th-12th grade with a vision that seeks to empower students to use their gifts to serve within God’s Ministry.
Students in this program are committed to growing in their relationship with Christ, as well as serving in His kingdom. These students are involved in different activities throughout the year, which include regular training sessions, a weekend retreat, as well as serving in various capacities within the HOPE community. The goal of this group is not to be hierarchically superior to any other students in the youth ministry. Rather, the opposite is true. The aim is for them to adopt the attitude described in Philippians 2:3 which instructs to consider others more important than oneself. Each year, they attempt to embody this by:
- Assisting with responsibilities at Sunday Nite Live including setting up and tearing down, praying for the students in attendance to be impacted, welcoming students at the door, setting a great overall tone for the night week in and week out, and even getting involved in leading during some of the teaching times.
- Meeting on the first Sunday of every month to refocus and coordinate how to accomplish their goals and visions as well as spend some time learning more about leadership and how they can apply it to their lives.
- Attending a yearly training retreat in January to spend time growing in their faith together as students and leaders.
To be considered for the Student Leadership Program, students must complete an application, interview with the team, and seek out an adult, non-parent mentor who can help guide students in their spiritual growth as young leaders.
All students in 9th-12th grade are welcome to complete an application for the program. Students must be currently actively involved Hope’s Youth Ministry to be considered. Students in 7th and 8th grades must be invited to apply to the program by the Student Leadership Team. Applications are accepted in the fall for the following calendar year.
Students in this program commit to:
- Having a personal relationship with Jesus Christ: living by faith and pursuing spiritual growth daily
- Live Like Jesus, Love Others, and Serve Humbly
- A year-long commitment to the program. A program year is January – December.
- Attending the Student Leadership development retreat.
- Attending Student Leadership Team sessions on the first Sunday of every month at 9AM.
- A commitment to Hope’s Youth Ministry. It is expected that students are actively attending and participating in SNL, retreats, mission trips, fundraisers, and other youth related activities. Students choosing to be leaders are choosing to show up.
- Weekly church worship service participation
- Modeling a healthy commitment to their family
- Meeting once per month with their adult mentor, as well as checking in with him or her regularly via phone, email, Facebook, etc.
If you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to contact Ashley Evans, Student Leadership Coordinator
Want to be a Mentor?
We are also actively seeking adults who are interested in mentoring student leaders and/or working with them through this program. If interested contact Ashley Evans, Student Leadership Coordinator.
Current Student Leaders, click here!
Current Mentors, click here!